Anderson Island School Booster Club Bylaws- Updated August 2021
Name The name of this organization shall be the “Anderson Island Elementary Booster Club.” hereinafter referred to as “AIEBC.”
- This club is a non-profit organization incorporated under the laws of the State of Washington.
- The purposes of this organization are exclusively educational within the meaning of Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue code of 1986 or the corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue Law.
Purpose We support "Island Kids" with enriching events and activities, enhance learning experiences, and provide opportunities to make a difference in our community through volunteer efforts and financial support. We will host fundraisers as needed as well as request direct community support. Booster club assists with but is not limited to field trips, guest speakers, teacher volunteer support, library books, Fitness club, and class parties.
Membership-The membership of this club for the current year shall be open to all those interested in assisting Anderson Island Elementary, including, but not limited to, parents and legal guardians of students, school staff, and community members.
- Voting power will be held only by members of the club
- Only members of the AIEBC shall be eligible to serve in any elective or appointive position.
Duties of Members
- It shall be the duty of all members to deliver to the Treasurer the gross amount of all money received on behalf of the AIEBC from any of its activities, and the Treasurer shall accept and record all funds received.
- No person shall assume an obligation or commit the organization to any further expenditure or engage in any fundraising effort on behalf of or in the name of the AIEBC without prior approval of the Executive Board.
Annual membership dues are:
- $10 for family level
- $8 for Individual level
- $25 for Patron level
- Change in dues- If dues are to be reevaluated, they will be disused at a general meeting.
- Club membership shall entitle members to free admission to any club activities where they will be serving as volunteers unless otherwise voted on.
- Club members shall be given the first opportunity to chaperone any AIEBC sponsored activities.
Executive Board & Officers
Officers-Officers of this club shall be President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. This group shall be hereinafter referred to as the Executive Board.
Duties of the Executive Board
- Transact necessary business in the intervals between general meeting and such other business as may be necessary to by the AIEBC
- Present a report at the general meetings of the organization
- Fill vacancies of officers and chairmen
- Review and present the yearly budget as prepared by the Budget Committee to the organization for adoption at the first meeting of the following school year.
- Approve routine bills with the limits of the budget
Duties of Officers
- All officers must attend the executive board meetings and general meetings unless otherwise excused by the President.
- All officers shall deliver to their successors or the president all official materials with fifteen (15) days following the date their successors assume their duties.
The President shall:
- preside at all meetings
- confirm a quorum is present before conducting any business
- see that the bylaws are enforced and shall perform such duties as usually pertain to this office.
- Be a member ex officio of all committees except the Nominating and Audit Committees
- Appoint the chairmen of all committees except for the Nominating Committee
- Have the power to appoint standing and special committees subject to the approval of the Executive Board
The Vice president shall:
- Perform the duties of the President (or any other member of the Executive Board) in their absence or at his or the request of any officer
- support fundraising activities and fundraising committee chair
The Secretary shall:
- Record the minutes of each meeting and make them available at the next appropriate meeting, i.e., Executive Board minutes at Executive Board meetings and General minutes at General meetings
- Be responsible for keeping all minutes for their term
- Conduct any correspondence needed by the club.
- File a copy of all minutes of the meetings and monthly financial reports in the secretaries binder and filed an appropriate location at the end of their term
- Work with the treasurer to document all expenditure approvals not listed in a preapproved budget.
- Work with the school to submit meeting & event notices, distribute minutes, and include items in island communications (Sounder) and the school newsletter (Eagle News).
- Complete building use paperwork as needed
The Treasurer shall:
- Maintain the budget and all records of the budget
- Disburse funds per the approved budget.
- Disburse funds as directed and approved by a simple majority of the Executive Board
- Submit a report of funds and budget balances at regular executive board and general meetings
- Submit all appropriate state and federal reporting forms with timely payments if applicable
- Be present or appoint an alternate at all fundraising activities so that the Treasurer can make timely deposits.
- Present financial books to an Audit Committee shortly after the fiscal year concludes or upon departure of the treasurer from office for any cause. A committee shall complete the audit before the next Treasurer receiving the club records.
- Work with the secretary to ensure proper documentation of all financial transactions not in the approved budget.
Election of Officers
Section 1: A slate of possible officers shall be presented at the General meeting in which the elections will be held.
Section 2: Officers shall be elected by ballot at the last meeting of the previous school year. However, if there is but one nominee for an office, election for that office shall be by voice vote.
Section 3: Officers shall assume their official duties following the election meeting and transfer of audited materials and shall serve a term of one year or until their successors are elected. No elected officer shall serve in the same office for more than two consecutive terms. An officer who has served more than one-half of a term shall be credited with serving that term.
Article 9- Filling Vacancies of Office
If any of the offices on the Executive Board are vacated for any cause, the remaining members of the Executive Board shall elect a replacement for that office for the balance of the term. The new officer shall promptly assume said title and all duties. There shall be no necessity for action on the members other than the recording of such occurrence in the minutes of the next General Meeting.
Duties of Standing Committee Chairmen:
- All Standing Committee chairmen are required to attend the general meetings.
- All standing committee chairmen shall deliver to their successors or the Guide all official materials within fifteen (15) days following the date their successors assume their duties.
- No member shall undertake any committee work without the consent of the Executive Board.
Recommended Standing Committees: Fundraiser, Elections, Membership, By-laws
Section 1: Executive Board Meeting- Executive Board meetings shall be held as needed.
Section 2: General Meetings
- Meetings will be held as needed, with at least one general meeting per year as decided by the executive board to attain new membership and share general knowledge of the group.
- The general meeting held in September will be a discussion, revision, and approval of the annual budget.
- It is recommended that an executive board meeting be held in August of each year to discuss the mission, annual budget, goals for the coming year, and team building.
Fiscal Year-The fiscal year will be from September 1 through August 31.
Amendments to The Bylaws may be amended by a majority vote of the members present at any General Meeting. The proposed amendments must have been submitted to the membership at a previous general meeting of the club.
Disillusionment-In the event, AIEBC should terminate all activities due to a lack of interest or membership. All assets shall be distributed to the Steilacoom Historical School district.